What is Financial Life Planning?
Financial Life Planning is an evolutionary process intended to increase your awareness of the habits and attitudes that impact your financial life, and then facilitate your ability to achieve your financial life goals while successfully navigating life transitions.
Potential areas of focus:
- Increased motivation to make wise choices
- A greater understanding of your alternatives
- The tools to make informed decisions and take actions that improve your well-being
- A knowledge of how to best use and replenish resources
- Greater self awareness
- The ability to live more purposefully
- Better preparation to meet life events – both challenges and opportunities
- Personal fulfillment
Working together, we will start by discussing your goals, values and what is most important to you. Then I’ll help you prioritize those goals and develop a plan that aligns your vision of the future with your financial situation.
This may include an assessment of your assets, income and resources along with your liabilities, debts and other obligations. The result is a living plan that follows your life’s unique and inevitable twists and turns. And as “life happens” I’ll work with you along the way to keep you focused on the road ahead.
I do this through a process known as “the five E’s”: